What to do with data
First you have to classify data
- Unclassified. This is information that can be made public without any implications for the company, such as information that is already in the public domain.
- Employee confidential. This includes information such as medical records, pay and so on.
- Company confidential. Such as contracts, source code, business plans, passwords for critical IT systems, client contact records, accounts etc.
- Client confidential. This includes personally identifiable information such as name or address, passwords to client systems, client business plans, new product information, market sensitive information etc.
- [OTHER CLASSIFICATIONS AS REQUIRED]